Aquatic Physical Therapy International was formed in Vancouver in 2007 and in 2010 has been coordinated into a network of WCPT. The mission statement and objectives have been drafted for your comment, and are included below.
Feedback should be sent to Johan Lambeck at firstname.lastname@example.org
To promote evidence based aquatic physical therapy around the world.
The objectives of APTI are to:
- Promote evidence based practice and clinical reasoning in aquatic physical therapy
- Collect information on best clinical practice, safety and hygiene standards
- Provide a forum to discuss clinical practice and management issues in aquatic physical therapy
- Promote collaborative research and facilitate communication on research topics and outcomes
- Support the development of aquatic physical therapy in low-resourced countries
- Promote and support the development of educational materials and professional development
- Liaise and collaborate with other groups of aquatic therapy professionals