WCPT Network for physical therapists working with individuals with limb loss or limb absence
Maltings Mobility Centre
WCPT Network for physical therapists working with individuals with limb loss or limb absence (WCPT AR Network)
The aims of this network are:
To encourage, promote and facilitate the interchange of ideas, research, knowledge and skills in amputee rehabilitation for education and practice:
- sharing clinical guidelines;
- discussing and promoting the use of outcome measures;
- support pre-registration education.
- To develop post registration education in amputee rehabilitation.
- To provide support and information between members of the network
The WCPT Network for physical therapists working with individuals with limb loss or limb absence is using people first language in its title but this may be shortened to the WCPT AR Network (where AR stands for Amputee Rehabilitation).
Find the WCPT Physical Therapy Network for physical therapists working with individuals with limb loss or limb absence on LinkedIn
Let's get talking and sharing:
- Register on LinkedIn, if you are not already registered
- Submit a request to join the AR group at http://www.linkedin.com/groups/WCPT-Network-Amputee-Rehabilitation-AR-5140337/about
Membership of the WCPT AR Network is open to physical therapists working or interested in working, in amputee rehabilitation, who belong to a WCPT member organisation. Membership of the WCPT AR Network is free. You can apply for membership by sending an email with your name, country, WCPT member organisation you belong to, professional background and field of expertise to email@example.com. Through your membership you will be linked with colleagues who share the same background and interests, in your own country and worldwide.
WCPT AR Network membership is also open to other disciplines, provided these members form no greater than 30% of the total membership. Acceptance of such applicants will therefore be at the discretion of the WCPT AR Network facilitators.
WCPT AR Network members have the opportunity to meet face to face at the following event:
4th European Congress of the European Region of the World Confederation for Physical Therapy, 11-12 November 2016.
Louise Tisdale and a number of the facilitators are planning to attend this congress and hoping to organise a meeting of the WCPT AR Network.
- British Association of Chartered Physiotherapists in Amputee Rehabilitation (BACPAR):
- Scottish Physiotherapists in Amputee Rehabilitation (SPARG)
- SPARG have published clinical guidelines that are available to order via their website. These are:
- Exercise Therapy for Patients with Intermittent Claudication: an evidence based guideline. SPARG, Jan 2012.
- Clinical Guidelines for the Pneumatic Post Amputation Mobility Aid. SPARG, 2008.
United States of America
- What is WCPT?
- What is physical therapy?
- Executive Board
- Strategic plan
- General Meeting 2015