WCPT Congress 2015
Maltings Mobility Centre
WCPT Network for Amputee Rehabilitation (AR)
The aims of this network are:
To encourage, promote and facilitate the interchange of ideas, research, knowledge and skills in amputee rehabilitation for education and practice:
- sharing clinical guidelines;
- discussing and promoting the use of outcome measures;
- support pre-registration education.
- To develop post registration education in amputee rehabilitation.
- To provide support and information between members of the network
Find the WCPT Physical Therapy Network for Amputee Rehabilitation on LinkedIn
Let's get talking and sharing:
- Register on LinkedIn, if you are not already registered
- Submit a request to join the AR group at http://www.linkedin.com/groups/WCPT-Network-Amputee-Rehabilitation-AR-5140337/about
Membership of the WCPT AR Network is open to physical therapists working or interested in working, in amputee rehabilitation, who belong to a WCPT member organisation. Membership of the WCPT AR Network is free. You can apply for membership by sending an email with your name, country, WCPT member organisation you belong to, professional background and field of expertise to email@example.com. Through your membership you will be linked with colleagues who share the same background and interests, in your own country and worldwide.
WCPT AR Network membership is also open to other disciplines, provided these members form no greater than 30% of the total membership. Acceptance of such applicants will therefore be at the discretion of the WCPT AR Network facilitators.
WCPT AR Network members have the opportunity to meet face to face at 2 forthcoming events:
WCPT Congress in Singapore 1-4 May 2015.
Network facilitators; Alexandre Coelho and Kajsa Lindberg, will be chairing a WCPT AR networking session. Offering an informal opportunity to meet and talk with colleagues who share an interest in amputee rehabilitation. The congress has also organised a focused symposium for amputee rehabilitation. For more details of the symposium follow the link http://www.wcpt.org/congress/fs/69.
International Society for Prosthetics and Orthotics (ISPO) International Congress in Lyon, France 22-25 June 2015.
Louise Tisdale and all the facilitators are planning to attend this congress and will organise the first full meeting of WCPT AR Network.
- British Association of Chartered Physiotherapists in Amputee Rehabilitation (BACPAR):
- Scottish Physiotherapists in Amputee Rehabilitation (SPARG)
- SPARG have published clinical guidelines that are available to order via their website. These are:
- Exercise Therapy for Patients with Intermittent Claudication: an evidence based guideline. SPARG, Jan 2012.
- Clinical Guidelines for the Pneumatic Post Amputation Mobility Aid. SPARG, 2008.
United States of America
Company profileAn international physical therapy network established to support the exchange of ideas, experience and expertise in amputee rehabilitation between individual physical therapists.
- What is WCPT?
- What is physical therapy?
- Executive Committee
- General Meeting 2015