Find out more
Submission deadline: 31st October 2014
WCPT is looking for abstracts of research or special interest reports for presentation at the world’s largest gathering of physical therapists.
Abstract presentations are the main way of showcasing research and innovations. There were nearly 2,500 platform and poster presentations at the last WCPT Congress in 2011 in Amsterdam.
- Research reports: presentations of original scientific data collected by the authors.
- Special interest reports: presentations of new or unique services, programmes, theories and innovations, and the organisation, regulation and management of services, education and research.
For the first time at a WCPT Congress, there will be three types of platform presentation:
- Classic: a session of 8 platform presentations with speakers presenting their abstract for 8 minutes.
- Rapid five: a session of 10 presentations each delivering key messages using no more than five slides in five minutes (5 x 5) followed by 15 minutes of discussion with individual presenters and 15 minutes discussion drawing all presenters together.
- State of the art: a platform presentation session moderated by a leader in the field, including sequential high quality abstract presentations of 10 minutes, in cutting edge fields likely to influence practice
Posters will be on display for one day during exhibition hours. Presenters will be assigned a 45 minute period to attend their poster for discussion with delegates during the lunch break. A limited number of posters will be selected for moderated poster walks with a high profile moderator.
Platform and poster presentations are considered to be of equal standing and judged by the same criteria.
How to submit an abstract
Abstract mentoring programme
WCPT's mentoring programme has now closed.
Any queries regarding the call for abstracts should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visitor information
- Social programme
- Exhibition & sponsors
- Media centre
- Art and health
- Previous congresses