WCPT guideline for physical therapist professional entry level education
It is acknowledged that the development of the profession varies worldwide and that for some countries, with a well-established, recognised and regulated profession, mechanisms already exist to provide quality assurance in physical therapy entry level educational provision. However, this is not universal and must be born in mind when reviewing the document. It is anticipated that different countries will use this curriculum guideline to varying extents dependent on their needs. While some aspects of this guideline may already be implemented, other aspects may include elements to which countries are striving to fulfil. It is the view of WCPT that all countries should be striving towards fulfilling the curriculum described in this guideline. It may be used for curriculum planning, curriculum development, in internal and external quality assurance processes and standards assessment.
This guideline forms part of a package of WCPT resources to facilitate the implementation of the policy statement on education:
- WCPT guideline for a standard evaluation process for accreditation/recognition of physical therapist professional entry level education programmes
- WCPT guideline for the development of a system of legislation/regulation/recognition of physical therapists
- WCPT guideline for the clinical education component of physical therapist professional entry level education
- WCPT guideline for qualifications of faculty for physical therapist professional entry level programmes
- WCPT guideline for delivering quality continuing professional development for physical therapists