On June 2, 2007, in Vancouver, British Columbia, the WCPT voted to grant the International Organisation of Physical Therapists in Paediatrics subgroup status.
The objectives of this organisation are:
- To foster cooperation between physical therapists practicing in paediatrics throughout the world.
- To encourage improved standards and consistency of practice in paediatrics care by physical therapists.
- To advance practice by communication and exchange of information.
- To encourage scientific research and promote opportunities for the spread of knowledge of new developments in the field of paediatrics.
- To assist WCPT member organisations in the development of recognized sub-sections in paediatrics.
The purpose of the International Organisation of Physical Therapists in Paediatrics is to provide a means by which WCPT member organisations having a common interest in children and their families may meet, confer, and promote these interests.
Download a copy of the Constitution of the International Organisation of Physical Therapists in Paediatrics (approved January 2013).
Download a copy of the IOPTP strategic plan 2011-2015.
We welcome your ideas and questions about what this group can accomplish for PTs and children around the world.
- What is WCPT?
- What is physical therapy?
- Executive Committee
- General Meeting