International Organization of Physical Therapists in Women's Health (IOPTWH)
International Organization of Physical Therapists in Women's Health
The International Organization of Physical Therapists in Women's Health (IOPTWH) has 17 member organisations and many "friends" groups around the globe. Please contact us if your organisation wishes to join us or needs assistance with women's health physical therapy issues.
IOPTWH invites individuals from member and non-member organisations to contribute, post inquiries, and to learn from one another via the list-serves accessible on our website
The objectives of this organisation are:
- To foster cooperation between physical therapists practising in women's health throughout the world
- To encourage improved standards and consistency of practice in women's health care by physical therapists
- To advance practice by communication and exchange of information
- To encourage scientific research and promote opportunities for the spread of knowledge of new developments in the field of women's health
- To assist WCPT member organisations in the development of recognised sub-sections in women's health.
IOPTWH aims to provide a means by which WCPT member organisations having a common interest in the physical therapy concerns of women may meet, confer, and promote these interests.
There is a growing awareness worldwide that physical therapists have an important role to play in women’s health issues, and IOPTWH has encouraged this with events, a website and newsletter fostering communication and a sense of identity. One of the group’s most successful ventures has been the launch of its “listserves” – online communities for physiotherapists involved with IOPTWH member organisations with particular areas of interest and expertise. They allow members to communicate directly, share expertise and provide feedback on practice and research.
The next IOPTWH conference will be held partnership with the International Association of Physical Therapists Working with Older People (IPTOP) in Boston, USA from 26th - 28th April 2013.
Visit www.ioptwh.org for further details.