Other International Physiotherapy Group
Royal Children's Hospital
Flemington Road, Parkville
International Physiotherapy Group for Cystic Fibrosis
The International Physiotherapy Group for Cystic Fibrosis (IPG/CF) is an international working committee founded in 1986. Its mission is to:
- promote optimal physiotherapy management for people with cystic fibrosis (CF)
- improve international communication between physiotherapists
- promote research in physiotherapy
- cooperate with national CF associations
- cooperate with Cystic Fibrosis Worldwide (CFW) and WCPT
- promote and advise on the organisation of a physiotherapy meeting to run parallel to the CFW or European Working Group for Cystic Fibrosis (EWGCF) meetings
- exchange representatives with the CFW and through these transmit pertinent information whenever necessary
The IPG/CF consists of a national contact person in each member country and a core committee. All countries are welcome to become a member.
Although the IPG/CF already has contact with many nations, it is keen to broaden contacts, particularly in countries that do not have access to the resources needed to keep updated with the latest physiotherapy techniques for CF. Through such liaison the IPG/CF has been able to perform workshops to educate physiotherapists at the Latin American CF Conference in South America. Collaboration on an even wider geographical scale will allow the IPG/CF to consider further mutually beneficial projects in the future.
If you would like further information on the IPG/CF, membership, how to become a contact person and the current list of contact persons, please contact the secretary Esta-Lee Tannenbaum