Volunteers are needed!
Are you an enthusiastic, committed individual with a keen interest in physical therapy? Do you like helping others? Do you want to expand your network of colleagues to include those from around the world? Do you want to be part of the largest international gathering of physical therapists?
Let us know you are interested in volunteering. Limited opportunities are available so sign up before 19th February 2017 to take advantage of the benefits on offer.
Once you have registered your interest in volunteering, we will keep you up to date with all congress news related to volunteering. We also encourage you to sign up to receive Congress Update to stay up to date with the latest congress information (the scientific programme, social events, registration deadlines, etc). In early 2017, we will confirm your availability and then go from there to scheduling, training, and having fun (plus working hard) onsite.
If you have any questions regarding volunteering at the WCPT Congress 2017, email Brittany Minskip, Volunteer Coordinator, at email@example.com
Benefits of volunteering
You will be working as an essential part of the team to ensure the congress runs smoothly and all delegates have an enjoyable and memorable time in South Africa. In exchange for your hard work you will receive:
- a limited edition volunteer t-shirt
- access to the Volunteer lounge during volunteer shifts
- light refreshments and snacks during volunteer shifts
- possibility of attending scientific sessions after completing a minimum of five hours of volunteering on the same day (subject to space)
- a congress certificate confirming hours volunteered
- an invitation to the Volunteer thank you reception
- Volunteers will primarily be recruited from South Africa, as a very important part of the role is answering questions from congress delegates about South Africa (eg “How do I get to xxx”, “Where is the nearest xxx”, “How do I find xxx”).
- Volunteers will be assigned a role. For further information on the role descriptions, see Volunteer responsibilities and roles. However, you will be asked to be flexible within your role, as we would like all volunteers to help delegates feel comfortable, be able to answer general questions and assist the planning committees and staff.
- If volunteers wish to attend the congress on any day other than the day they are scheduled to volunteer, they must register as a congress delegate at the regular rate (registration will open in September 2016).
In general, the services of volunteers coming from outside South Africa will only be accepted if they are registered as a delegate and attending the congress for at least one day. No special benefits are offered to volunteers coming from other countries (eg volunteers are responsible for their own accommodation, food and transport costs).