Follow us on social media.
International Organisation of Aquatic Physical Therapists (IOAPT)
The IOAPT has a mission and vision to advance Aquatic Physical Therapy worldwide.
The objectives of the IOAPT are to:
- Be recognised as a subgroup of WCPT in accordance with the WCPT Articles of Association.
- Encourage high standards of physical therapy education, research and practice in particular those of relevance to Aquatic Physical Therapy.
- Encourage communication and exchange of information including electronic, print and personal exchanges and organisation of education events for physical therapists.
- Encourage scientific research and promote evidence based physical therapy practice in areas relevant to Aquatic Physical Therapy.
- Encourage the development of national organisations of physical therapists that share the objectives of the IOAPT.
- Support WCPT in representing Aquatic Physical Therapy internationally.
- Engage in all necessary activities to further the best interests of WCPT and Aquatic Physical Therapy.
Members must be the national professional organisations representing physical therapists with an interest in aquatic physical therapy, which are recognised by the WCPT member organisation, or the WCPT member organisation itself where such a group does not exist. Members of the groups must also be members of the WCPT member organisation. Only one organisation per country shall be eligible for membership.
Membership of the IOAPT subgroup is also open to physical therapists working or interested in working in aquatic physical therapy, that belong to a WCPT member organisation. Through your membership you will be linked with colleagues who share the same background and interests, in your own country and worldwide. We invite you to join us to discuss the future subgroup aims and objectives. Membership of the IOAPT subgroup is free. If your national association or national subgroup is not yet a proposed member organisation then consider becoming one. In the meantime, join us via social media.
If you want to be part of IOAPT, contact us!
|IOAPT Executive Committee|
Grupo de Interesse em Fisioterapia Aquática - Hidroterapia (GIFA) of the Associação Portuguesa de Fisioterapeutas (APFISIO)
Aquatic Physiotherapy Group of the Australian Physiotherapy Association (APA)
Grupo de Interés de Fisioterapia en el Medio Acuático of the Asociación Española de Fisioterapeutas (AEF)
Academy of Aquatic Physical Therapy of the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA)
Aquatic Physiotherapy Group (AQPG) of the South African Society of Physiotherapy (SASP)
Member at large
Karen Morales Soler
Asociación Mexicana de Fisioterapia (AMEFI)
Member at large
Rómulo Nolasco de Brito
Associação Brasileira de Fisioterapia Aquática (ABFA) of the Associação dos Fisioterapeutas do Brasil (AFB)
Individuals interested in filling a vacancy on the IOAPT Executive Committee or in the future Educational Committee and Research Committee, should contact César Sá (President of IOAPT) at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com