On June 2, 2007, in Vancouver, British Columbia, the WCPT voted to grant the International Organisation of Physical Therapists in Paediatrics subgroup status.
The objectives of this organisation are:
- To foster cooperation between physical therapists practicing in paediatrics throughout the world.
- To encourage improved standards and consistency of practice in paediatrics care by physical therapists.
- To advance practice by communication and exchange of information.
- To encourage scientific research and promote opportunities for the spread of knowledge of new developments in the field of paediatrics.
- To assist WCPT member organisations in the development of recognized sub-sections in paediatrics.
The purpose of the International Organisation of Physical Therapists in Paediatrics is to provide a means by which WCPT member organisations having a common interest in children and their families may meet, confer, and promote these interests.
We welcome your ideas and questions about what this group can accomplish for PTs and children around the world.