13 physical therapy associations were admitted as member organisations to the World Confederation for Physical Therapy at its General Meeting on 8 May 2019 in Geneva. This brings the total number of WCPT member organisations to 121.
These member organisations are the physical therapy associations from: Bhutan, Costa Rica, Georgia, Haiti, Ivory Coast, Kosovo, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Myanmar, Papua New Guinea, Senegal, Sudan.
12 of the new member organisations were ceremonially welcomed at the General Meeting, parading their flags and being officially received by the WCPT President. Representatives of the member organisation in Senegal were unable to attend the General Meeting.
Patricia Bertrand, President of the Haitian Physiotherapy Society, said: ‘Alone, we may go fast, together we can go further.’
Watch the WCPT General Meeting welcome the 12 new member organisations
All WCPT member organisations have the right to be represented at the General Meeting, which is held every four years. This year, 106 member organisations were represented at the meeting, where the President and Vice President will be elected, policies adopted, and strategic priorities for the next four years determined.
- Bhutan Society of Physiotherapy
- Physical Therapy Commission of the Therapist Guild of Costa Rica
- Georgian Association of Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation
- Haitian Physiotherapy Society
- Association Ivoirienne des Masseurs-Kinésithérapeutes
- Chamber of Physiotherapists of Kosovo
- Association des Kinésithérapeutes de Madagascar
- Association des Kinesitherapeutes du Mali
- National Fédération of Physiothérapeute in Morocco
- Myanmar Physiotherapy Association
- Papua New Guinea Physiotherapy Association
- Association Sénégalaise des Kinesithérapeutes - Rééducateurs
- Sudanese Physiotherapy Association