WCPT is commissioning a project to work with WCPT member organisations to review the governance of WCPT. It is anticipated that this will lead to the drafting of contemporary Articles of Association. Once endorsed by the WCPT Executive Board the new Articles of Association will be submitted to the WCPT General Meeting for approval in May 2019.
To support and guide this work WCPT is convening a Governance Review Expert Working Group (GR-EWG). We are now seeking applications from physical therapists with the appropriate experience, knowledge and skills to be a part of this group.
- Keen to ensure that WCPT has a governance model that is fit for purpose in the 21st century.
- Willing to commit your time and energy over the next twelve months to engaging with the wider global physical therapy community to ensure that we get the model correct.
Do you have:
- Relevant experience and familiarity with WCPT e.g. previous attendance on more than one occasion to a General meeting.
- High level governance experience within their home country. Ideally this will be within a national membership organisation but not necessarily the WCPT member organisation.
- A commitment to the international exchange of information.
- Sensitivity to/recognition of international differences in practice, education, professional needs and culture.
- The support of your WCPT member organisation.
- An ability to work in English.
Then we would welcome an application.
Only physical therapists who are members in good standing with a WCPT member organisation, who is itself in good standing with WCPT, are eligible to be appointed to the Governance Review Expert Working Group (GR-EWG).
Individuals wishing to serve as either chair or member of the GR-EWP should submit a letter of application, providing evidence that addresses the person specification, along with a curriculum vitae (max 4 pages).
A short letter of support from their WCPT member organisation must accompany this submission.
They should indicate if they are applying to be considered as chair or member only, or if they are willing to be considered for either role.
Membership of the GR-EWP requires commitment of time and dependable availability to participate in meetings and undertake activities as required, working closely with and supported by WCPT secretariat staff and an external consultant.
Requests for further information or clarification of requirements may be directed to WCPT CEO Jonathon Kruger by email at [email protected]
Applications should be submitted by e-mail, no later than 13 October 2017 to [email protected]
Applicants will be notified of the outcome by the 3 November 2017.