The World Health Organization has published a new framework for public health action on ageing around the world, rejecting the stereotype of older people as frail and dependent. At the same time, it is consulting on a new action plan on ageing and health – and WCPT is encouraging physical therapists to take part.
- Committing to foster healthy ageing in every country
- Aligning health systems to the needs of older populations
- Developing long-term care systems
- Creating age-friendly environments
- Improving measuring, monitoring and understanding