WCPT collects and publishes key data, provided by its member organisations, to present a global view of the physical therapy profession across the world.
The data supports WCPT member organisations in their work to build awareness and develop resources for the physical therapy profession. WCPT shares the data with its member organisations and regions, and publishes the data online.
Every year WCPT asks its member organisations to provide uniform data – to ensure the data is reliable, consistent, and comparable. WCPT member organisations and regions may also separately collect additional data to meet their specific needs.
How can I access the data?
The data is updated every year and published on the relevant WCPT member organisation profile webpage. Find a profile of the profession in your country
How can I use the data?
The data can be used for a range of activities, including planning and evaluation, to provide:
- estimates of the total number of physical therapists represented by WCPT member organisations and regions
- estimates of the total number of physical therapists per head of population
- comparisons of the ratio of physical therapists to population across countries and regions
- comparisons of the ratio of physical therapists to population with the ratio of other health professionals to population
- trends in physical therapy regulation, education, and practice
- indications of the need to increase levels of service
- indications of the regions with low numbers of physical therapists in relation to the population in need