For the first time, the Association Luxembourgeoise Des Kinesitherapeutes (ALK) celebrated World Physical Therapy Day in 2013.
To mark the event ALK carried out the following activities:
- a medical and physical therapy conference was held, followed by a general conference for the public. These were attended by the health ministry
- flyers were printed to inform the public about the role of physical therapy
- the ALK set up an information stand in the main road of Luxembourg city
- a brochure with all the information about the day’s activities and physical therapy in general was distributed to doctors and medical institutions
- articles were published in the popular newspapers of Luxembourg