The Singapore Physiotherapy Assocation and Tan Tock Seng Hospital celebrated World Physical Therapy day.
Singapore Physiotherapy Association
The President of the Singapore Physiotherapy Association published a World Physical Therapy Day message highlighting how the day’s “Movement for Health” theme has been incorporated into the profession during the past year. The day was also promoted via the association’s Facebook page.
Tan Tock Seng Hospital
To celebrate World Physical Therapy Day 2013, Tan Tock Seng Hospital (TTSH) physiotherapy department organised two community events in August 2013. The aim was to educate the public on the role of exercise in prevention and management of the three 'highs'; namely high blood pressure, high cholesterol and high blood glucose.
Activities at both events included:
- a mass dance
- an educational talks by a cardiologist and physiotherapist
- a food and nutrition booth manned by dietitians
- a series of fun games and activities on the triple highs
- a photobooth where participants could make a pledge to commit to exercise
- a 'Triple H Hero' mascot was created who paraded the exhibition area
- a public forum by an expert panel which included a doctor, a dietitian and a physiotherapist
For most of the TTSH physiotherapists involved, it was a rare and enriching experience to interact with the community and share their knowledge, as well as a meaningful way to commemorate World Physical Therapy Day.