In celebration of the World Physical Therapy Day, the Institute of Physiotherapy at the ZHAW Zurich University of Applied Sciences launched its own campaign “I do PT” (I do PhysioTherapy or International day of PhysioTherapy), under the overall “Movement for Health” theme. The “I do PT” event focussed on the importance of back and spinal health.
Through opening its doors to the general public, ZHAW aimed to promote the physiotherapy profession and raise awareness of the importance of the role of physiotherapy in healthcare.
The event and information platform under the headline “How Fit is Your Back?” was open to all ages and was extremely well attended. Visitors had the opportunity to participate in a variety of programmes and activities at different locations on the University of Health campus.
- A series of tests to assess their back and spinal health performed by a team of experienced physiotherapy experts, followed by the offer of individual counselling.
- Information sessions advising visitors on the optimal back-friendly posture in everyday life for sitting.
- A panel discussion on the “Pros and Cons of Back and Spine Surgery”, with contributions from prominent personalities in physiotherapy, the medical and healthcare sectors and from politics. A question and answer session with the audience followed.
- Guided tours by physiotherapists of the institute’s movement laboratory to highlight the ZHAW research activities in physiotherapy.
- A special kid’s programme, consisting of a raffle and competitive games to challenge their mobility, agility and flexibility. A famous Swiss clown hosted the program, entertained the kids and made sure everyone had lots of fun.
Overall the day’s celebrations were a phenomenal success and the Institute was overwhelmed by the hugely positive response.
To see more photographs and a video of the events which took place go to: