Physiotherapy undergraduates of the Allied Health Sciences Unit, Faculty of Medicine, University of Colombo celebrated World Physical Therapy Day 2014 on 19th of September.
The two main events taking place were a physical fitness programme and an inter-school quiz competition, with the objectives to:
- celebrate World Physical Therapy Day
- educate people on the importance of physiotherapy
- motivate the students to seek the knowledge of science and technology, by organising a science quiz competition
- improve awareness about the importance of physical fitness among school children
- reduce non communicable diseases among school children