World Physical Therapy Day for Brunei Darussalam was celebrated on Sunday 28th September 2014.
The celebration was officially launched by the Minister of Health, Brunei Darussalam. It was the first major World Physical Therapy Day celebration in the country, involving physiotherapy services from different agencies.
Activities held on the day included:
- a ceremony to launch the day’s events
activity booths for public participation, showcasing some physiotherapy activities related to this year’s “Fit to take part” theme, including:
- free physiotherapy clinic
- back care management
- core muscle stability and balance
- physical fitness screening and education
The objectives of this year’s celebrations were:
- to promote physiotherapists as the movement, physical activity and exercise experts.
- to showcase the significant role the profession makes to the health and wellbeing of the global population.
- to increase awareness and understanding of the benefits of physical activities to health in all stages of life, in line with 2035 strategic themes highlighted by the Ministry of Health, Brunei Darussalam in achieving its vision – Together Towards A Healthy Nation.