The Icelandic Physiotherapy Association carried out several activities to celebrate World Physical Therapy Day on 8th September.
- Physical therapy centres around the country displayed a poster produced by the association highlighting the profession.
- At the National hospital, Landspítalinn, physical therapists offered balance-training and wheelchair tryouts to fellow workers and passersby.
- At the biggest rehabilitation center, Reykjalundur, physical thrapists offered fellow workers a workout during the lunch break.
- The largest Icelandic newspaper published (webversion) an article written by the President of the association, based on the “Fulfilling potential“ message (www.visir.is/hreyfing-til-heilsu/article/2015150908848)
- Iceland‘s first new professor in physical therapy at the Universtiy of Iceland had a 15 minute, prime time interview on national radio.
- The association posted several statuses on their Facebook page which achieved good circulation in social media.
- A video about physical therapy was posted on YouTube: www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkg6VX9_8zw.