The Seychelles local physiotherapists got together and organised a series of activities for the month of September 2016.
Using this year’s theme “Add life to years”, the following activities took place:
- an ergonomic session “Taking care of your back and it will take care of you”
- a continuous professional development session with an orthopaedic surgeon and Deputy CEO of the Health Care Agency. The session was about updating the knowledge of the staff on the latest developments on knee replacements in the elderly.
- five elderly from each elderly home based on Mahe participated in an exercise session on the Beau Vallon beach.
- Beau-Vallon skill workers’ day out exercise session - Fitness Trail & Beach soccer field
- the staff got together and celebrated the 8th September with a lunch
- group of elderly had a hydrotherapy session
With the continued growth of the ageing population, improving quality of life and independence for older people is becoming increasingly important.
Physiotherapy can change our quality of life dramatically and it can literally add life to years for our aging population.