To celebrate World Physical Therapy Day 2017, the Cyprus Association of Physiotherapists conducted the following activities:
- The flyer was translated into Greek and was sent to all the members of the Cyprus Association of Physiotherapists
- A press release was prepared and was sent to all local media, together with the translated flyer.
- The President and the Vice President were invited to two local TV programs on the 8th September 2017, where they conveyed to the public the message of the day emphasising how physiotherapists help to integrate physical activity into daily life. They also pointed out the significant role that the profession has towards the health and well-being of the global population and inform the public about the event which will be held to promote these messages.
- 17 Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation centers, following the suggestion of the Executive Committee of the Cyprus Association of Physiotherapists, were kept open on Saturday, 9th of September 2017, from 9 am to 12 pm and offered their services free to the public.
- A list of the Physiotherapists involved in the event, were published in two daily newspapers and was uploaded on the Association’s website
- The office was kept open on these specific hours to assist the public in case of any queries