The Pancyprian Association of Physiotherapists conducted the following activities to celebrate World Physical Therapy Day 2018:
- The flyer was translated into Greek and sent to all members of the association.
- A press release was prepared and distributed to all mass media.
- A member of the Board was invited to four local TV and two radio stations. There he conveyed to the public the message of the day “Physical therapy and Mental Health” and explained the value of physical therapy for the body and mental health problems of the global population.
- An event was organised at Acropolis Public Park in Nicosia, on 8th September 2018 from 09.00 to 20.00, where four physiotherapists volunteered their services demonstrating to the public, adults and children various physical and functional exercises. The public found it very interesting and was actively involved. Members of the Executive Committee also advised people on the benefits of physiotherapy and distributed leaflets about the profession.
- Thirteen physiotherapy and rehabilitation centers in Cyprus offered their services free to the public.