The Jamaica Physiotherapy Association held a week of activities to celebrate World Physical Therapy Day 2018.
Activities were held in various hospitals and rehabilitation centres across the country:
- the role of physiotherapy in mental health was promoted via the circulation of educational materials and talks
- a Health Fair was set up with screening and fitness testing
- an inauguaral symposium was hosted on mental health
- a "Spinal core" suport group was launched
- sporting competitions were held
- a 5k fun run/walk took place
- a symposium was held on "Cardiac rehabilitation - affairs of the heart"
- patient education days and seminars took place
- a clinical symposium on "Health is wealth: a holistic approach to workers' wellbeing"
- a support group was provided for cerebral palsy patients
The week of celebrations ended with the association's annual general meeting and church service.