The Sudanese Physiotherapy Association (SuPTA) celebrated World Physical Therapy Day 2018.
SuPTA celebrated the day by encouraging and sponsoring hospitals , private clinics and centers to take part in the day. Activities included:
1. Information (awareness) exhibition for both medical staff and public highlighting the role of physiotherapists took place in the following hospitals:
- Baraha Medical City ( Private hospital)
- Aliaa Specialized hospital ( Private hospital)
- Ibrahim Malik Teaching Hospital ( Public hospital )
- Ahfad University .
2. Media coverage and TV hosts: media coverage via two TV channels were broadcast, helping to raise knowledge about the role of PT World PT Day .
3. Flyers and prints: large numbers of printouts were distributed at public hospitals to visitors and co-patients .
4. Free clinics and PT sessions: many clinics and hospitals allocated this day for free physiotherapy clinics and sessions for all patients, others offered discounts in their services:
- Ibrahim Malik hospital (free clinics and sessions for all PTs)
- Relief physiotherapy Clinics (discount in services + free clinics throughout September)
- Sudanese Physiotherapy Center (free clinic)
- ALN Physiotherapy Clinics (discount in clinics and services)