Physical therapists may change jobs frequently and travel widely, activities that open up different opportunities. The benefits of planned and ad hoc approaches to career development will be explored in this speed dating session with physical therapists who have followed different career paths including: research, education, clinical specialists, professional advisers, humanitarian work, primary care, expert advisers, and private practice . This session will provide the opportunity for one on one or small group discussions. The world is your oyster - come and explore where you might go.
- To explore career pathways and factors affecting them
- To generate ideas on ways to facilitate careers in physical therapy
- To facilitate networking between early career professionals and potential mentors
Presenter/Facilitators - career focus
- Tony Schneiders : Specialist
- Ruth ten Hove : Policy maker/association staff
- Unnur Petursdottir : Manager
- Alberta Rockson : Association leader
- Tim Nemeth : Private practitioner
- Andrew Walton : Entrepreneur
- Graziella Lippolis : Working for INGOs
- Daniel Wappenstein : Humanitarian worker
- Louisa Remedios: Educator
- Felipe Reis: Research
Some facilitators might be able to support discussions in other languages. Please speak to the session chair at the beginning of the session for details.