WCPT welcomes journalists to the WCPT Congress 2019 in Geneva. Complimentary registration is provided to qualified journalists who apply for media credentials and register to attend the congress in advance. Journalists who meet the congress media registration criteria will be accredited on a space-available basis. Journalists who are not registered will not be admitted to the congress.
Registered journalists have free and full access to all congress sessions, the press room, and are offered assistance, where available, to gather material for stories.
WCPT welcomes individual journalists. In the case of multi-person teams please contact WCPT’s Head of Marketing and Communications Freya Rodger by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Journalists who wish to attend the congress free of charge must provide the following:
- A completed registration form
- Supporting documents
We recommend that journalists apply for registration as soon as possible so that travel plans are not made unnecessarily if your application is unsuccessful.
Accredited journalists and media representatives will have full access to all congress sessions open to paying delegates, including the congress opening ceremony and welcome reception, and are asked to share and notify WCPT of any outputs.
During congress sessions, delegates and accredited media professionals are permitted to take photographs without flash, video, tweet, text and blog – as long as they do not leave their seats to do so and unless otherwise instructed by the chairs/presenters. This is to minimise disruption during congress sessions.
Moving around to take photographs or video is not permitted unless written permission has been obtained from WCPT’s Head of Marketing and Communications.
When tweeting, please use the congress hashtag #WCPT2019
During congress there are some social events and courses which delegates have to pay extra to attend. These extra events are not open free of charge to media representatives, unless specific arrangements have been made with WCPT's Head of Marketing and Communications.
Am I eligible to apply for media registration?
Applications for media registration will be accepted from journalists employed by or on assignment from:
- Recognised print, broadcast, and online general and specialist medical news media
- Recognised WCPT member organisations
Bloggers, tweeters and website owners/contributors will not be considered for media registration.
Publishers and representatives of sales, advertising or marketing departments of publications or other news organisations will not be considered for media registration.
Editors and staff of scientific journals are not considered media, and will not be considered for press registration.
WCPT will normally only allow one free media registration per publication. All applicants must be 18 or older by 9th May 2019.
How to apply for media registration
Media registration closed on 26th March 2019.
If you are a print or online journalist working for a newspaper or magazine, you will need to submit your completed registration form and the following (scans or urls) to email@example.com:
- Three recent articles with your byline and published by a recognised media outlet or WCPT member organisation; AND
- A copy of the publication masthead listing your primary position as an editor or reporter; AND
- An email or letter from your editor or WCPT member organisation stating you have been assigned to cover WCPT Congress
If you are a broadcast journalist or filmmaker, you will need to submit your completed application form and the following (files or urls) to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Audio or video of three broadcast programmes you have worked on, with proof of your involvement in the production; AND
- An email or letter from your editor or WCPT member organisation stating you have been assigned to cover the WCPT Congress
If you are an editor/producer for a mainstream newspaper, magazine, online publication, radio or broadcast outlet, you will need to submit your completed registration form and documentation confirming your position (business card, letterhead, press card, letter from publisher) to email@example.com.
If you are a freelance writer you will need to submit your completed registration form and the following (scans or urls) to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- An email or letter from your editor or WCPT member organisation stating you have been assigned to cover the WCPT Congress; AND
- A by-lined story appearing in a verifiable print or electronic publication dated within the last six months
You will be informed by email whether your application for media registration has been successful.