Volunteers are needed!
Are you an enthusiastic, committed individual with a keen interest in physical therapy? Do you like helping others? Do you want to expand your network of colleagues to include those from around the world? Do you want to be part of the largest international gathering of physical therapists?
Let us know you are interested in volunteering. Limited opportunities are available so sign up before 14th December 2018 to take advantage of the benefits on offer.
Benefits of volunteering
You will be working as an essential part of the team to ensure congress runs smoothly and all delegates have an enjoyable and memorable time in Switzerland. In exchange for your hard work you will receive:
- a limited edition volunteer t-shirt
- access to the volunteer lounge during volunteer shifts
- light refreshments and snacks during volunteer shifts
- possibility of attending scientific sessions after completing a minimum of five hours of volunteering on the same day (subject to space)
- a congress certificate confirming hours volunteered
- an invitation to the volunteer thank you reception
- Volunteers will primarily be recruited from Switzerland, as a very important part of the role is answering questions from congress delegates about Switzerland (e.g. “How do I get to xxx”, “Where is the nearest xxx”, “How do I find xxx”).
- If volunteers wish to attend the congress on any day other than the day they are scheduled to volunteer, they must register as a congress delegate at the regular rate (registration will open in July 2018).
In general, the services of volunteers coming from outside Switzerland will only be accepted if they are registered as a delegate and attending the congress for at least one day. No special benefits are offered to volunteers coming from other countries (e.g. volunteers are responsible for their own accommodation, food and transport costs).
If you have any questions regarding volunteering at the WCPT Congress 2019, email firstname.lastname@example.org