Geneva was recently voted "Europe’s Leading City Break Destination 2017" for the third time in four years. Situated along the banks of Lake Geneva at the foot of the Alps, Geneva is one of Europe’s most beautiful cities. Its most famous monument, Jet d'Eau, is the world's tallest water fountain and provides a constant landmark for exploring the city. The ancient Old Town offers a living glimpse of the past while Geneva's more than thirty museums and art galleries capture the rich and vibrant history of the city including the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Museum and the The Globe of Science and Innovation (CERN).
The headquarters of the World Health Organization, World Trade Organization, European headquarters of the United Nations, the International Committee of the Red Cross, along with some 200 other international organisations, including not-for-profits, are all to be found in this city.
Ways to save in Geneva
- Free public transport - when you stay in a hotel, a youth hostel or a campsite in the area.
- One of easyJet’s main hubs with more than 70 destinations to/from Geneva.
- Over 2,500 beds in hostels, B&Bs, shared, budget and on-campus accommodation.
- Free public transport from the airport to your accommodation.
- Free visit to public museums and CERN.
- Free bike rental from spring to autumn - geneveroule.ch.
- 568 free wifi hotspots.
- Nightlife in the University and Grottes districts with a wide variety of bars to choose from mybiggeneva.com.
- Free apps - special offers for lunch & dinner.
- Good deals for dinner at a variety of restaurants.
For further information and more money-saving tips go to Geneva Tourism website.