If you are planning to attend the World Confederation for Physical Therapy Congress 2019, 10-13 May 2019, at the Palexpo Conference and Exhibition Centre, in Geneva, Switzerland, you are encouraged to review your travel visa requirements and, if necessary, start your application as soon as possible.
Most EU citizens and citizens of Iceland, Norway and Liechtenstein do not require a travel visa for entry and may be given social visit passes for up to 90 days upon arrival in Switzerland. To verify if you are exempt from requiring a travel visa to enter Switzerland, please check the required visa provisions according to nationality.
People travelling from outside the EU are likely to require a travel visa.
Please note that if you are planning on staying across the border in France, this may affect your visa requirements. Please check the visa requirements online.
We advise all delegates to carry their passports when crossing the borders.
WCPT strongly recommends checking with your local consular office for the latest information about travel visa requirements to visit Switzerland. You can find information about the location of all Swiss consular offices on the Swiss Federal Department of Foreign Affairs website. Your nearest consular office will provide information on travel visa application and submission procedures, required documents, application fees, and travel visa application forms.
As a guide, typically all visitors to Switzerland must meet the following entry requirements:
- valid and acceptable passport or travel document (must be valid for at least six months)
- at least one blank page in passport for endorsements
- onward/return ticket
- entry facilities to next destination
- sufficient funds to stay in Switzerland
- travel visa for Switzerland (if applicable)
- delegates who require a travel visa may be required to submit proof of their registration and accommodation booking
The time to process travel visa applications may vary and it is important you start your application well in advance to ensure you receive your travel visa in time.
If a travel visa is denied, WCPT cannot be held responsible for any fees that have already been paid for accommodation or travel. The information on this page is provided for guidance only. All delegates must take responsibility to verify their individual travel visa requirements with the Swiss Federal Department of Foreign Affairs.
You can contact the Swiss Federal Department of Foreign Affairs for assistance at email@example.com
Letters of invitation
You can download an invitation letter for WCPT Congress 2019 in English or French to support your travel visa application. You will need to save the letter of invitation on your computer and fill in the form with your personal information. You can then save and print the document.
- The above information is provided for guidance only. All delegates must take responsibility to verify their individual travel visa requirements with the Swiss Federal Department of Foreign Affairs.
- WCPT recommends delegates check travel visa and entry requirements for Switzerland before making any travel arrangements and, if necessary, submit travel visa applications as early as possible.
- Travel visa requirements may change without prior notice.