- Be part of the profession’s largest international congress – where the world of physical therapy meets.
- Learn from world experts and leaders in their field as they share the latest findings.
- Listen to global perspectives on the profession’s hot topics – reflecting low, middle and high resource experiences.
- Discover new ways of thinking and the latest research to inform how you practice – over 70% of delegates said gaining new knowledge was a key benefit of attending.
- Over 170 scientific programme sessions to choose from, plus 500 new posters presented each day.
- Make new contacts – over 80% of delegates cited networking as one of the main benefits of attending congress.
- 74% of previous delegates rated their congress experience as good or excellent.
- 8 out of 10 delegates at the WCPT Congress 2017 said they were likely to recommend attending a WCPT Congress to a colleague or friend.
- Connect with colleagues globally through social media: #WCPT2019 #globalPT.
- Hear about developments across all areas of specialism – your own and others.
- Explore the latest innovations and services at the large trade exhibition.
- Take the opportunity to visit Geneva, the city of peace, and the lakes and mountains of Switzerland.
Demonstrate the return on investment to yourself and your employers and funders
Make the most out of attending WCPT Congress 2019, and give you and your funding supporters a return on the investment:
- Connect your professional development and the goals of your organisation to the learning opportunities at the WCPT Congress 2019.
- Emphasise how your entire organisation will benefit from your attendance.
- Download Making the most of a WCPT Congress (Spanish | French) for more tips.
- Download a letter template to give to your employers/supporters to demonstrate the return on their investment.
What previous attendees say
“The combination and variety of methods of learning were terrific – it works, in my opinion don’t change a thing.”
“The experience of WCPT surpassed my expectations. It was an honour to be invited to present and I would certainly like to come again. It was so well organised and it was great to be able to talk about physiotherapy issues with other colleagues. Thank you.”
“Well done! You successfully delivered a conference where networking and working together had a primary role.”
“Welcome ceremony was amazing and impressed us with South African culture and music.”
“The WCPT Congress was truly one of the most inspirational experiences of my career…The insights, the connections and the knowledge I gained are things I will carry with me forever.”
“This Congress was a major contribution to raise awareness of many problems in the world! It was great to be in Africa! There is more to the picture than the first world...”
“I must admit that the congress was beyond my expectation starting from the opening ceremony to the closing ceremony. Truly Africa has come of age.”
“Being part of the Physiotherapy family is such a big privilege and I am looking forward to what I will be able to contribute to our amazing field one day.”
“It is magic … absolute magic … it fills your soul. You cannot go away and not feel warm, and enriched and have a little bit of encouragement for the time going forward.”
“The overwhelming feeling here is that it is wonderful to be in such a global environment with delegates being able to learn from each other and constantly challenge local assumptions we make about what it is to ‘be a physiotherapist’.”
“The event was an eye opener, offering more learning, sharing and engagement opportunities than I had expected.”
“I had a chance to not only meet and network with PT leaders from a variety of countries, cultures, and practice settings, but also gain a new perspective on how physical therapists fit into the global healthcare picture.”