- The need to address disaster management
- What is disaster management?
- How national physical therapy organisations can contribute
- How individual physical therapists can contribute
- What physical therapists should consider before volunteering
- How physical therapists can plan ahead before volunteering
- Preparations physical therapists can make once they have volunteered
- What physical therapists can do in a disaster zone after the emergency
- Organisations involved in disaster management
- Glossary of terms used in disaster management
Natural disasters, pandemics and other types of major emergency have widespread human impacts. Physical therapists can and do have a significant role to play in helping those affected by such disasters. WCPT is committed to promoting physical therapists engagement at the organisational level when disasters strike, and to supporting member organisations with information to guide physical therapists so that they are well prepared and appropriately supported for being involved in disaster management.
These pages provide information for each of the points below that includes details about types of disasters, the process of disaster management, roles and responsibilities in disaster management and the contributions of member organisations and individual physical therapists to disaster management.