New for the WCPT Congress.
The Indaba is a new “meeting and inspiration zone” within the exhibition hall, which takes its inspiration from the tradition of gatherings and meetings in Africa. Delegates may wander in and out of the Indaba space at any time, or gather on the perimeter, to listen to what is happening. This networking space is more informal than the other conference rooms and aims to break down language barriers and the distinction between ‘speaker’ and ‘delegate’. The programming of this area will allow for some late topics prompted by delegates and support sessions in different languages.
Two areas will facilitate the more informal format:
- “Kitchen table” discussions will explore a range of issues led by a facilitator and may include additional contributors sitting with the audience.
- “Points of view” discussions will allow for short talks and exchanges with the audience, drawing on their experiences.
Registered delegates can help create content and lead conversations in the Indaba
In addition to pre-programmed sessions there is limited space available for delegates to submit ideas for the Indaba.
You can use the Nominate your Indaba session button to nominate the session type and topic you would like to present.
There are three different session types delegates can nominate content for.
- Got a problem to solve? Global thinking to address local challenges. Use the collective experience of delegates to help find solutions to a local problem.
- My light-bulb moment. Has there been a pivotal event that has impacted your professional life? What can we all learn from it?
- Got something to say in [insert language]. You may feel more comfortable discussing something topical in your native language.
You can nominate suggestions for a maximum of one per session type.
The deadline for nominating sessions is Friday 2nd June [23:59 UK time]. If your idea is selected you will be notified by Friday 9th June.