What are the responsibilities of volunteers?
Each shift is 5-6 hours. You must be available for at least two shifts (a minimum of 10- 12 hours in total) over the course of the congress, Saturday 1st July to Wednesday 5th July 2017 inclusive. However, you are welcome to offer as much of your time as you want over and above the minimum. Most requirements will be during the days of the congress, 2nd to 4th July.
Please do not offer your services as a volunteer if you do not believe you will be able to meet the minimum requirement.
- You must attend the training session that will occur immediately prior to the congress.
- You must be welcoming, flexible, approachable, friendly and helpful to the +1,500 delegates who are attending from around the world.
- You must be responsible for your own transportation to/from CTICC.
What are the roles of volunteers?
WCPT Congress 2017 volunteers will be required in many different areas, including:
- office assistant
- registration assistant
- transport/transit/directional assistant
- session/room monitor
- hospitality/general assistant
- poster area assistant
- exhibit hall assistant
- photography assistant