How to take part
The campaign message of World Physical Therapy Day 2017 is “Physical activity for life”, showing how physical therapists can help keep people of all ages active.
The message builds on World Health Organization recommendations for moderate and vigorous activity, and a range of research and reports showing the benefits of physical activity in maintaining health in people of all ages.
WCPT encourages member organisations and physical therapists around the world to use WCPT’s toolkit to convey the following key messages to the public and policy makers.
- All healthy adults need to be physically active.
- Physical therapists help integrate physical activity into daily life.
- Physical therapists can advise on activities for people of all ages.
These messages are important not just to encourage health and activity in populations. They can help demonstrate how physical therapists keep people moving through interventions which maximise strength and mobility. Through advice and exercise programmes, physical therapists support people of all ages to achieve activity goals.
f you are an individual physical therapist or planning an activity with your colleagues at your workplace, remember to contact the WCPT member organisation in your country so that you link up with any activities that they may be planning.
A full list of WCPT member organisations may be viewed at: www.wcpt.org/members.
The materials produced promote the idea of a global physical therapy community. The day will be widely publicised on social media, using the #WorldPTDay hashtag.
WCPT would like to thank Jeremy Lewis and Cathie Sherrington for their assistance in the production of the toolkit materials.
WCPT has produced a toolkit of materials to support physical therapists and their organisations in their World Physical Therapy Day activities. It includes:
- A leaflet: to distribute directly to patients and the public.
- A poster: to display in public places.
- Two infographics: to display and distribute to patients and the public.
- A postcard: to distribute directly to the public.
- Translations: the posters, flyer and postcard are also available in Spanish and French. They will also shortly be available in German.
- Social media graphics: a selection of graphics will be produced for you to use on Twitter and Facebook to promote the day and this year’s message.
- Twibbons: to add to your Facebook and Twitter profiles.
- Campaign resources: additional information and resources for physical therapists about this year’s campaign.
- A t-shirt design and logo: to download and get printed locally.
- Stickers: to download and print on standard printer labels.
- Banner artwork: to download and be supplied to local manufacturers.