International Federation of Physical Therapists working in Occupational Health and Ergonomics (IFPTOHE)
WCPT Physical Therapy Subgroup for Occupational Health and Ergonomics
Welcome to the WCPT subgroup for physical therapists working in the area of occupational health and ergonomics.
Our international group is made up of physical therapists working in occupational health, ergonomics and vocational rehabilitation. This subgroup will connect you with international colleagues and help us improve as practitioners in order to deliver the best possible care to our clients. As a subgroup we will:
- share information about professional practice
- share ideas and resources as well as learn from each other
- spread the word about professional development activities including research, conferences and courses
We have 22 proposed member organisations to date, they are from: Australia, Brazil, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Japan, Kenya, Malta, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, The Netherlands, Uganda, United Kingdom.
Membership of the WCPT subgroup is open to physical therapists working or interested in working in occupational health and ergonomics, that belong to a WCPT member organisation. Through your membership you will be linked with colleagues who share the same background and interests, in your own country and worldwide. We invite you to join us to discuss the subgroup aims and objectives. Membership of the subgroup is free. If your national association or national subgroup is not yet a proposed member organisation then consider becoming one. In the meantime, join us via social media.
WCPT Congress May 2019, Geneva, Switzerland
During the WCPT General Meeting in Geneva, May 2019, a vote was held and we succeeded in becoming an official subgroup titled "The International Federation of Physical Therapists working in Occupational Health and Ergonomics (IFPTOHE)".
Welcome and congratulations to our first 7 executive committee members: Rose Boucaut (president), Yvonne de Leeuw- van Zaanen (vice-president), Kjerstin Stigmar, Rosimeire Padula, Nicola Suckley, Frederik Lassen and Marisa Coetzee..
We have a brand new website. Please visit us on https://ifptohe.wixsite.com/ifptohe
Social media networking activities
The subgroup provides communication platform. We look forward to sharing discussions about our work.
Join our group on LinkedIn
- First step is to register on LinkedIn, if you are not already registered. Find the WCPT Physical Therapy Network for Occupational Health and Ergonomic on LinkedIn. Submit a request to join the LinkedIn group.
Facebook and Twitter
- You are also welcome to follow our page on facebook “Occupational Health and Ergonomics WCPT”. On this page we will share knowledge, new research concerning occupational health and ergonomics. It is open for anyone who would like to follow and has a section for students.
- We are also using twitter as a forum to communicate: @wcptOHE