WCPT Physical Therapy Network for Occupational Health and Ergonomics
Welcome to the WCPT network for physical therapists working in the area of occupational health and ergonomics.
An international group of physical therapists working in occupational health, ergonomics and vocational rehabilitation is keen to establish an organisation, provisionally entitled the International Federation of Physical Therapists working in Occupational Health and Ergonomics, with the long term aim of becoming a recognised subgroup of WCPT. This network has been established to help facilitate that objective.
By having a network we can determine how keen stakeholders are to form a subgroup and what the aims and objectives of such a subgroup might be. During 2018 we are working for becoming a subgroup in 2019. This network helps you to connect with colleagues and, will help us all improve as practitioners and deliver benefits to our clients. By using the network we can:
- share information about professional practice
- share ideas and resources, learn from each other
- hear about professional development activities including research, conferences and courses
- work on the development of a subgroup
Membership of the WCPT network is open to physical therapists working or interested in working in occupational health and ergonomics, that belong to a WCPT member organisation. Membership of the network is free. You can apply for membership by sending an email with your name, country, WCPT member organisation you belong to, professional background and field of expertise to firstname.lastname@example.org or to email@example.com.
Through your membership you will be linked with colleagues who share the same background and interests, in your own country and worldwide. We invite you to join our network and discuss the future potential for a subgroup, including its aims and objectives.
The network will provide a means of communication via LinkedIn and also through Facebook and Twitter. We are looking forward to networking and a lot of discussions.
Join our group on LinkedIn
- First step is to register on LinkedIn, if you are not already registered. Find the WCPT Physical Therapy Network for Occupational Health and Ergonomic on LinkedIn. Submit a request to join the LinkedIn group.
Facebook and Twitter
- You are also welcome to follow our new page on facebook “Occupational Health and Ergonomics WCPT”. On this page we will share knowledge, new research concerning occupational health and ergonomics. It is open for anyone who would like to follow.
- We are also using twitter as a forum to communicate: @wcptOHE
WCPT Congress 2019, Geneva, Switzerland
We are hoping that we can arrange a pre-conference meeting in Geneva for all physiotherapists interested in Occupational Health, where we will exchange experiences in the field of practice, research and education. We are also planning for networking session during the congress. It is important for us to meet each other and share ideas about the important work we undertake in occupational health and ergonomics.
We have a small working party leading the developments for the International Federation of Physical Therapists working in Occupational Health and Ergonomics and we met at the WCPT Congress in Singapore in 2015 and in Cape Town 2017.
Rose Boucaut (Australian Physiotherapy Association), Lindsay Scott (South African Society of Physiotherapy), Charlotte Wåhlin (Swedish Physiotherapy Association), Katia Costa Black (USA), Kjerstin Stigmar (Sweden), Glykeria Skamagki (England and Greece), Rosimeire Simprini Padula (Brazil), Yvonne de Leeuw (Netherlands), and Nancy Wanyonyi (Kenya).