Closing date: 26th April 2018
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A RESTRICTED CALL FOR SPECIFIC TOPICS
The call for proposals for pre- and post-congress courses is open. With a focus on applied knowledge and skills, congress courses are uniquely designed to complement the main scientific programme and offer the delegate the chance to:
- explore issues in depth
- gain practical experience
- listen to the latest research and practice advances
- learn directly from experts via a range of learning formats
- meet fellow delegates in their field of interest
Each session is to be organised by a recognised expert in the field with a track record of delivering courses. The organiser has the responsibility for developing and running the programme, and can invite up to four additional presenters. The Congress Programme Committee (CPC) requires proposals to be evidence based and address significant contemporary issues and innovations in physical therapy.
Using the congress market research, and other sources of information, a number of topics and course providers have already been invited by the CPC. This call is now designed to supplement the offerings already identified.
The call is open to the following restricted list of topics.
- Ageing population: falls prevention and rehabilitation.
- Health promotion, primary prevention and public health.
- Advocacy and leadership skills for all physical therapists.
- Business skills eg communications, marketing, preparing business plans.
- Research in the clinical setting: generating practice informed evidence.
- Communicating with patients.
Clinical topics in the following areas:
- musculoskeletal: particularly tendon injuries and the prevention and management of osteoarthritis
- neurology: particularly stroke rehabilitation and Parkinson’s Disease
- mental health: particularly dementia
- pain management
- aquatic physical therapy: of relevance to different populations.
If you believe that you have an important topic not covered by this list, first send an expression of interest to email@example.com to seek advice on whether or not you should submit.
The pre- and post-congress courses are an optional element that are open to delegates who register to attend at least one day of the main congress and they carry a separate fee. A variety of half and one day courses will be offered on the day preceding congress, 10th May 2019, and the day following congress, 14th May 2019. Consideration will be given to a small number of two-day courses.
How to submit a course
Before proceeding to the online submission form please read the call for pre- and post-congress course proposals:
The course organiser should complete the online submission form on behalf of all presenters. The maximum number of presenters, including the course organiser, on any one course is ideally three and no more than five.
All submissions will be notified of outcome by 29th June 2018.