Give the Gift of Congress
WCPT is inviting donations to a bursary programme to help physical therapists from low and lower middle-income countries attend congress in 2019. Your donation to the bursary programme will benefit not just the individual physical therapist but will also have a lasting legacy in their own country, for the profession and the general public.
A limited number of bursaries are available to cover congress registration, and provide assistance for accommodation and travel, for physical therapists who are members of a WCPT member organisation, or a provisional WCPT member organisation, in a low or lower middle-income country.
WCPT is supporting the bursary programme in a number of ways:
- allocation of funds from its Incredible Impacts grant
- allocation of contributions from the abstract submission fees
- online giving via JustGiving
- inviting delegates to donate at registration
- seeking funding from relevant foundations and funding bodies
WCPT is aiming to raise over £20,000 for delegates who otherwise wouldn't be able to attend congress. If donations exceed this target, it will mean more physical therapists could attend.
How to donate
- when you complete your online registration for congress, you will have the opportunity to make a donation and add it to your registration fee
- make a direct donation via the WCPT campaign on the JustGiving website
Whatever the size of your donation, it will help support a physical therapist to attend WCPT Congress 2019. Thank you!
How to apply for a bursary
A limited number of bursaries are available for physical therapists who are members of a WCPT member organisation, or provisional member organisation, in a low or lower middle-income country. In order to apply for a bursary each candidate must meet the following criteria:
- be employed as a physical therapist
- be a member in good standing of a WCPT member organisation or provisional member organisation
- be a national and resident of a low or lower middle-income country with a WCPT member organisation; these are countries which pay the reduced WCPT membership fee. Use the country income checker on the congress registration page.
- be able to commit to returning to their home country
- display efforts to secure funding from other sources (besides the bursary programme) to attend the WCPT Congress 2019.
Submission of applications
Applicants must complete the online application form by 1st December 2018. Incomplete and late submissions will not be considered.
Queries about the bursary should be sent to email@example.com
Recipients are expected to demonstrate how they will:
- use the personal benefits for their continuing professional development
- share the benefits with colleagues
- use the learning and opportunities provided to support the development of the profession locally/nationally
They are also expected to demonstrate efforts to secure funding from other sources.
Assessment of applications
A WCPT review panel will assess applications. All applicants will be notified of the outcome by 25th January 2019.
Bursaries are available to contribute towards the costs of:
- return flight (economy class) or ground transportation from country of origin to Geneva
- accommodation for up to five nights covering the congress dates
- full 3-day congress registration, including the opening ceremony and welcome networking reception [additional items such as courses, clinical visits and party night are not included, but can be added and paid for by successful applicants during the registration process]
The bursary allowance allocated per person is up to a maximum of GBP £1,500, plus registration.
The number of successful applicants will depend on the funds raised for this project.
Successful applicants will be sent instructions on how to register for congress and arrangements for the payment of the bursary. Recipients will be required to sign an undertaking to indicate that any expenses/payments made on their behalf will be repaid if they do not attend the WCPT Congress 2019.
Successful candidates must prepare a report on their experiences within one month of the event and submit this to WCPT. Information provided within these reports may be used by WCPT in its website, e-newsletters and other promotional media.
The decisions of WCPT are final. WCPT is not responsible or liable for the successful candidates during their stay in Switzerland.
Neither WCPT or physioswiss accepts any responsibility or liability for the visa application procedure.